Count all records in all tables

From: cypisek <cypisek_at_netzero.net>
Date: 13 Apr 2006 08:18:52 -0700

I need some help with this. I was able to count all the records in our database using the user_tables and user_tab_columns tables after refreshing the statistics on this database. We are doing an upgrade of a system and I will not be able to refresh the statistics during the upgrade. I need more of a manual process of running these queries.

Now I do:
select A.table_name, round(A.num_rows,0) as rowcount, count(b.table_name) as ColumnCount
from dba_tables A, dba_tab_columns B
where A.table_name = B.table_name and A.owner in ('PS','SYSADM') group by A.table_name, A.num_rows
order by rowcount desc, columncount desc

But I can't use the num_rows anymore so I was thinking more to do this:

Select A.table_name from

      (select count(*) from A.Table_name B where A.Table_name = B.Table_Name)
from user_table

This does not work for me since I don't know how to pass the table_name from the first select to the second select. The logic is there but the syntax is not.
Please help. Received on Thu Apr 13 2006 - 10:18:52 CDT