Re: stop chugging hard drive

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: 13 Apr 2006 00:48:42 -0700

Jack wrote:
> As I said, when I have a bit of time I'll sort it out as no one can provide
> a straightforward
> solution.

Perhaps it would help diagnose your problem if you supplied us with a straightforward explanation of the problem.

"Chugging", "default options" and "turning off rollback segments or redo logs - something like that I can't remember" are all a bit vague, really. If I were less charitable, I'd suggest that you don't actually know what you're talking about and are attempting, unsuccessfully I might add, to disguise the fact. You'd get very useful help and advice around here if you were less defensive and stopped trying to bluff your way through your problem.

HTH -g Received on Thu Apr 13 2006 - 02:48:42 CDT