Adding Another Datafile

From: soiled_cheetah <soiled.cheetah_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11 Apr 2006 05:40:37 -0700

Hello Guys,
I am on oracle 8.1.7 version Windows 2000 Server. Using Enterprise manager i added another datafile (INDX02.DBF) of 500 MB into existing INDX tablespace which already contained one Datafile INDX01.DBF. Upon creation of new Datafile Oracle Enterprise Manager gives the extension of ".ora" for any newly created Datafile. I changed this ".ora" extesion and created the Newly Datafile as INDX02.DBF instead of INDX02.ora which would have been the default behaviour of Oracle for creation of any new datafile.
Now all the users are unable to insert the Records. Changing the Extension to .DBF instead of .ORA could be the reason for this ????? I need you advice on this. If this is so what can i do to over come this problem . and yes ofcourse one more thing .. MY Database is in non Archivelog mode.

Thanks in Advance Received on Tue Apr 11 2006 - 07:40:37 CDT