Re: Problems installing Oracle products. PATH variable too long?

From: <ginolard_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Apr 2006 01:42:16 -0700

Look, quite what YOUR path has to do with mine I don't understand. I have several machines with paths greater than 1000 characters. That includes Oracle products as well as MANY proprietary applications that need their own entries. I don't see how posting the path contents could help solve the problem. Anyway, the problem is NOT with the contents of the PATH variable or whether or not we could shorten it. I'm sure we could but that's not the point. The point is that the Oracle OUI craps out when trying to add entries that takes it over 1023 characters when XP SP2 explicity ALLOWS the path to be as long as 2048.

Hence, the problem is not with my PATH, it's with the Oracle OUI. I don't see what's so difficult to comprehend. Received on Mon Apr 10 2006 - 03:42:16 CDT