Re: ORA-06521: PL/SQL: Error mapping function

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 Apr 2006 05:17:27 -0700

>create or replace procedure shell(cmd IN varchar2)
>as external
>I still can't see the resultset coming out of the following code -
>

>extern "C"__declspec(dllexport) void shell(const char *cmd)
>{
> int num = system(cmd);
>}

And what kind of result set you are expecting from this code? It's a PROCEDURE, not a FUNCTION, and it doesn't have any OUT arguments, so it doesn't return anything. Or do you mean that cmd is not executed?

Hth,

    Vladimir M. Zakharychev
    N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)     http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Sat Apr 08 2006 - 07:17:27 CDT