Re: Problems installing Oracle products. PATH variable too long?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 09:10:33 -0700

Jim Smith wrote:

> The issue is not the size of the path on your machine it is the size of
> the path on the OP's target machines. His path is apparently somewhere
> between 1023 and 2048.

I am well aware of that. Which is why I have several times asked the OP to post the path. Without that any attempt to help is meaningless.

What is critical however is that XP SP2 does NOT increase the path length to 2048 characters be default in a manner that chokes OUI. And that I think I have established.

> The OP never said the problem was XP SP2 - the problem is with OUI when
> the path is large.

And he blamed his path length on having a lot of Oracle products installed: It is not as my path clearly demonstrates.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org