Re: Oracle 8i connectivity Problem.

From: John Koller <johnckoller_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 20:44:29 -0500

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 00:08:24 -0800, kishanthakker_at_gmail.com wrote:

> Dear Members,
>
> I M working on window98 SE operating system.
>
> I had installed Personal Oracle 8.0.4 for win98 on my home computer.
> I had also installed Developer 2000 ver 6.0 on the same computer.
>
> now my D2K is installed in c:\orawin95
> and Oracle 8i DB is installed in c:\ora8i (saperate directory as asked
> for during installation)
>
> due to some reason I had to reinstall D2K on the same machine. Now I M
> unable to connect to oracle 8i database.
>
> Oracle 8i database is getting connected thru TOAD, but I M unable to
> connect thru forms 6.0 or reports 6.0.
>
> I would be highly obliged if some one can clarify where I M going
> wrong.
>
> thanks in advance..
>
> Kishan Thakker

I found a few suggestions. Some of them say uninstall everything, install developer, then the database. I would suggest you back up your drive before you start.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.oracle.server/browse_thread/ thread/586aa3cc18b6c4b5/53c4000abe4d6f7a?lnk=st&q=oracle+developer+2000+6+win98& rnum=2&hl=en#53c4000abe4d6f7a

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.oracle.server/browse_thread/ thread/e960e04e1121a343/e436a7c2824bde2b?lnk=st&q=oracle+developer+2000+6+win98& rnum=4&hl=en#e436a7c2824bde2b

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.oracle.tools/browse_thread/ thread/27a01bdcc7e7e136/26456b336f51f20d?lnk=st&q=oracle+developer+2000+6+win98& rnum=5&hl=en#26456b336f51f20d

--