Re: JInitiator and Oracle eBuisiness Suite - a required combination?

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 19:47:58 +0200

DA Morgan wrote:

> frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com wrote:

>> Fellow Oracle users,
>>
>> I am trying to figure out whether the use of JInitiator is *required*
>> with Oracle EBS.
>>
>> I found all kinds of matrices what versions of JInitiator is certified
>> with what client platform, what browser, etc, but that is not what I
>> need.
>>
>> I am looking for a way to get rid of JInitiator (and I can do that,
>> using MSIE internal JVM), but as this site uses EBS as well, I need an
>> official statement that this approach is valid for EBS, too.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Frank van Bortel
>
> Sounds like a question of whether Oracle will provide support as
> well as the technical issue. What is the issue with JInitiator?

Takes too much CPU when being scanned by McAfee, is configured (centrally) to cache on the home drive, which is mapped to the network, on a windows machine, which probably scans it once more... Should change, can be changed (probably, he said, with a hopeful glimpse in his eyes), but for now, I can demonstrate home brew applications (and there are a LOT!) work equally well, or better, without JInitiator.
I can find all kinds of JVM's (not all JInitiator) being supported, but not one statement, that eBS is supported without JInitiator. And I know that is of great value for the organisation I work for now.

Just want ammo to be ready for the discussion with the eBS maintainers. Or, if the answer is a definitive and firm "no", there won't be a discussion at all.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...