Re: ORA 1801 - Dateformat too long for internal buffer

From: Nicolas Bronke <Nicolas_Bronke_at_web.de>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 11:33:51 +0200

> Nicolas, from past experience I know that OCI programs can insert
> invalid values in date columns. It could well be that the underlying
> code in Delphi/BDE or perhaps even the jdbc drivers you are using use
> OCI.
>
> You might consider adding a trigger to the table that validates the
> date information as a debugging tool to learn where the invalid
> information is coming from. That is you can add it, capture an error,
> and then drop the trigger to allow normal processing while you do more
> research with additional information in hand.

Thanks. The bad thing is, I still searching to reproduce this behaviour. For the Prod-Database I a made a "workaround" and created a trigger on this table and for the "problem"-column, which removes the time, what I do not need in this case. But this cannot be really the be solution, because this could happen again on other date columns or tables. I have to seach further.
Regards
Nicolas Received on Fri Mar 31 2006 - 03:33:51 CST