Oracle 8i connectivity Problem.

From: <kishanthakker_at_gmail.com>
Date: 31 Mar 2006 00:08:24 -0800

Dear Members,

I M working on window98 SE operating system.

I had installed Personal Oracle 8.0.4 for win98 on my home computer. I had also installed Developer 2000 ver 6.0 on the same computer.

Due to limitation on creating saperate datafile on oracle 8. I switched over to oracle 8i and installed oracle 8i in saperate home and directory.

now my D2K is installed in c:\orawin95
and Oracle 8i DB is installed in c:\ora8i (saperate directory as asked for during installation)

I worked with this environment for quiet some time. and it was working fine.

due to some reason I had to reinstall D2K on the same machine. Now I M unable to connect to oracle 8i database.

Oracle 8i database is getting connected thru TOAD, but I M unable to connect thru forms 6.0 or reports 6.0.

I would be highly obliged if some one can clarify where I M going wrong.

thanks in advance..

Kishan Thakker Received on Fri Mar 31 2006 - 02:08:24 CST