J2EE 1.4 and Oracle database version

From: <warren.liyongbo_at_gmail.com>
Date: 30 Mar 2006 18:25:37 -0800

Hi,

We are considering migrating our existing web applications development to J2EE 1.4 from the current 1.3. and we use Oracle application sever. Inevitably we'll also upgrade the app server from 9iAS(1.3 certified) to 10gAS( 1.4 certified ). My question is, does the Oracle 10g app server which uses 10.1.3 Oralce JDBC driver work with the Oracle 9i database?

I have searched through oracle's FAQs. There are many answers regarding jdbc driver version and jdk association and the "server-thin" jdbc driver(which we are not using) and the database version matching. At the end, they only got me more confused.

Anyone shed some light? Thank you.

--

Warren