Re: What tools come with Oracle?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 22:37:52 +0200

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:01:48 +0100, "Simon" <spambucket_at_example.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>A client has given us a project that will include working on their oracle
>database.
>We could write a tools to achieve what we need but Oracle might already have
>such software.
>
>We need webbased interface, more specifically tools to manage users.
>
>So where, could I find what tools come with the developer licence?
>
>Simon

The developer licence is a special form of licence for most Oracle products, both the server and Front end tools.

Some front end tools like SQL Developer, Application Express and JDeveloper are all completely free.

Oracle already has tools to interface with ldap and arrange single sign on.
Writing your own, even using Oracle products, and exposing them to the Web would compromise security and should be considered dangerous.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA