Optimize query

From: beans <beenabhatt_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Mar 2006 20:39:59 -0800

Hi,

I have to optimize the below query:

SELECT * FROM mytabledetail
WHERE mytableid = 'MTB01'
and bandwidth=64
and distanceFrom <= 15
and distanceTo > 15
and type = 'CUG'

Here the primary key is mytableid and serialnumber. There is a nonunique index on all the above fields too. When I fire this query and analyse the query plan it shows me the index on range scan.
This does not optimize my query as whenever data increases in the above table the time
taken to execute the query also increases.

I have read somewhere that we should use analytical functions in such cases but I have no idea how to solve this through analytical functions.

If any one has any idea what to do for this please let me ASAP.

Regards,
Beans. Received on Mon Mar 27 2006 - 22:39:59 CST