Re: How to set a timer in PL/SQL

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:31:12 -0800

Jpmill wrote:
> I want to code a timer in a proc.
>
> We a running under Oracle 8.1.7 and the function DBMS_ALERT doesn't
> exists in 8.1.7.
>

> Is there a way to achieve this?
>
> Thanks

It never fails to amaze me when I see people write things such as: "and the function DBMS_ALERT doesn't exists in 8.1.7."

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/A87860_01/doc/appdev.817/a76936/dbms_ale.htm Actually it existed before 8.1.7 but what does DBMS_ALERT have to do with the problem as you've stated it?

You will need to far better describe what you want for anyone to help you.

But before you do ... bookmark:
http://www.oracle.com/pls/tahiti/homepage?remark=tahiti

--
Daniel A. Morgan