Re: Unit Testing Software for PL/SQL

From: Ira Baxter <idbaxter_at_semdesigns.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 21:09:39 -0600

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message news:1142722482.738582_at_yasure.drizzle.com...
> Ira Baxter wrote:
> > "Bill West" <wwest_at_qualcomm.com> wrote in message
> > We are completing a test coverage tool for PL/SQL,
> > and are looking for a good beta customer.
>
> I'm thrilled for you but we don't support spammers.
>
> You need to apologize for being rude.

Rude? The charter clearly calls for dicussion "related to the use of software from Oracle." PL/SQL certainly qualifies.
The OP sounded like he might have some
interest, and we might have helped
each other out. Isn't that what this
group is about?

It seems you have some kind of chip on your shoulder, and have appointed yourself to be some kind of net cop.

> You need to apologize for not reading the group's charter.

Its there below. We can argue about interpretation. This is not an employment advertisement. It was and is not an offer for a product for sale. We are seriously interested in applying
Oracle tools.

Yes, I agree it suggests we might offer it for sale someday. So there may some future potential value to us.

But then, I assume *you* get data from these newsgroups. And you use that to your benefit, e.g., to maintain your job? So your postings are arguably commercial too.

You might reasonably argue this request is in the gray zone. Fair enough.
But I don't think it violates the charter. And now we're down to opinions.

> No one should ever do business with a spammer and this is
> clearly a promotion aimed at promoting awareness of a
> commercial offering and aiding the vendor in its development
> and/or sales.

Thanks for the label.
I won't stoop to return the favor.

> You need to repost your request at c.d.o.marketplace.

I'll consider that. Given your tone above, it is surprising you would expect me to pay any attention to additional advice from you.

--
Ira Baxter, CTO
www.semanticdesigns.com

Comp.databases.oracle.misc is a news group where topics generally related to
the use of software from Oracle Corporation may be posted. This group
provides a forum for topics which do not fall within any of the more
specific comp.databases.oracle subgroups.

This news group is not intended as a marketplace where employment
advertisements or commercial announcements may be posted. These should be
directed to comp.databases.oracle.marketplace.