Re: sql dummies

From: Marten Lehmann <lehmannmapson_at_cnm.de>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 21:02:34 +0100

> Perhaps, if you indicate what it is you want to do, rather than what
> command you used in Sybase, someone might be able to help.

Sorry, I thought thats clear. Just assume that my final sql-statement will return exactly one row of data with lets say 3 rows. So could be something like

select fname, lname, city from employees where id = 123

But at the start of my project, this table doesn't exist and the whole table design isn't ready yet. But I know that the query will return one row with the expected fields. So at the start I could use a dummy like this

select 'Bill', 'Gates', 'Redmond'

which would return

'Bill', 'Gates', 'Redmond'

in one row as it could happen with the first statement. The first statement could be far more complex, so using dummies is definetely a good idea for the start. How can I do this in Oracle? I'm sure there is a way.

Regards
Marten Received on Fri Mar 24 2006 - 14:02:34 CST