VB6 pro & oracle express 10g From: Philippe Martin

From: Philippe Martin <pmartin_at_snakecard.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:22:10 -0600

Hi,

I am trying for the first time to connect VB6 and oracle express 10g (and I am brand new to oracle)

1 ) I installed, Oracle and the various universall installer
2 ) I created a user with all privileges and a table "CUSTOMERS"
3 ) I configured a service then an odbc driver
4) I tested the connection from the Microsoft ODBC manager: OK 5) in VB6 - I created a data environment/connection using "SERVICE" and my new user name: OK

6) in VB6 - I created a command under the connection and chose "TABLE" as type

problem #1 - A long list of table appears, but not my "CUSTOMERS" table problem #2 - The tables I see in that list do not match with the tables I see from the Oracle admin program object browser (ex: HR.EMPLOYEES)

It's almost as if I'm looking at a different database server.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Philippe Received on Thu Mar 23 2006 - 15:22:10 CST