ORA-03123

From: TR <tristan_robinson_at_cooltoad.com>
Date: 21 Mar 2006 13:35:31 -0800

Hi
I want to execute the following sql in a data source in Cognos Decision stream.

SELECT

A.CALENDAR_DATE,
B.PROD_ID,
D.ITEM_ID,
D.TYPE,
C.ITEM_LEVEL,

COUNT(D.PROD) TOTAL_PRODUCTS
FROM
CALENDAR_BY_YEAR A,
PRODUCT_DETAIL B,
ITEM_DETAIL C,
STORE_DETAIL D,
STORE_TYPE_DETAIL E
WHERE
A.CAL_DATE = E.CAL_DATE AND
B.STORE_ID = E.STORE_ID AND
C.ITEM_LEVEL = E.ITEM_LEVEL AND
D.PRODUCT_ID = E.PRODUCT_ID

GROUP BY
A.CALENDAR_DATE,
B.PROD_ID,
D.ITEM_ID,
D.TYPE,
C.ITEM_LEVEL

When I execute it I am getting the following errors in Decision stream and also in Oracle:
EndDataStream returned with 1 message
1. ERROR
DS-DBMS-E400: UDA driver reported the following on connection 'SOURCE':

DMS-E-GENERAL, A general exception has occurred during operation
'rollback transaction'.

ORA-03123: operation would block

DMS-E-GENERAL, A general exception has occurred during operation
'detach database'.

ORA-03127: no new operations allowed until the active operation ends

I think there is nothing wrong with the query. But I want to know why am I getting this error and how can I correct it? Can some plz help me out?

Thank you.

TR. Received on Tue Mar 21 2006 - 15:35:31 CST