Re: reading data from Oracle to Access

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 08:47:27 -0800

sandra.bleijerveld_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to connect an Access (probably 2003) to an Oracle 9i db. I will
> have readonly rights on the Oracle db. (just need to place the data
> from oracle into access, no updates necessary from access to oracle)
>
> I'm aware that i have to use ODBC drivers to connect, but are there
> other issues i should consider before starting to try to connect Access
> to Oracle.
>
> Thnx
>
> Sandra

The only issue I can think of is that it is a really bad idea.

Roughly the equivalent of purchasing a Ferrari and then pulling it around with a Yugo. What is the business problem you are trying to solve and what is it you think MS Access is going to do that you can not do in Oracle, or a decent report writer, directly?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org