Re: Receive Email

From: ianal Vista <ianal_vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:52:53 GMT

"Francesco" <fraberardinelli_at_tiscali.it> wrote in news:zgUTf.43355 $A83.1170786_at_twister1.libero.it:

> Ok, GREAT!
> Could you tell me what you're talking about ? Which do you think is
the
> correct tool ?
> I'm not sure that you understood exactly what my problem is...
>
> Thanks anyway
>
> "ianal Vista" <ianal_vista_at_hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

>> "Francesco" <fraberardinelli_at_tiscali.it> wrote in
>>
>>> I would like to create a mail client for Oracle Forms.
>>

>> Why are you reinventing the wheel using the wrong tool?

You said that you wanted to use Oracle Form to create an email application.
You seem to want to use Forms to read & write email messages. From my perspective that is the equivalent of using a hammer to cut a piece of lumber.
Incoming email messages reside in OS text files; which may or may not be directly accessible to your Forms application.

Besides you've neglected to mention which version of Forms (whether client/server or webforms). Received on Tue Mar 21 2006 - 09:52:53 CST