JDeveloper deploy to Tomcat - request help

From: Luch <darthluch_at_nospam.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:47:15 -0500

Hello,
Using JDeveloper 10g 10.1.3.0.4 with Apache Tomcat/5.5.7

I'm unable to get any app I produce with JDeveloper to start in Tomcat. I get a message stating:
FAIL - Application at context path /myapp could not be started

where /myapp is the name of my app. I can't even get a simple "hello world" app to work.
I never have any issues with JBuilder, etc.I make a simple webpage and create a deployment profile. I deploy directly to the Tomcat/webapps folder or to a WAR file and drop in the Tomcat/webapps folder, both with no luck.I've followed the instructions on the JDeveloper help page "Apache Tomcat Application Server" to no avail. I've had other developers at my company try it on their jdeveloper/tomcat setups and they get the same problem.

I'm hoping someone who had this problem can point out what they did to get it working for them. Received on Mon Mar 20 2006 - 20:47:15 CST