Cross tab with non-numeric information

From: NancyASAP <nancyasap_at_aol.com>
Date: 17 Mar 2006 10:46:07 -0800

I need to cross tab some information that looks like this:

UserPermission UserGroup Enabled

100                   1               Y
100                   2                N
100                   3                Y
200                   1                Y
200                   2                Y
200                   3                N
etc.

Number of usergroups is fixed. What I would like to see as output is this:

UserPermission Group1 Group2 Group3

100                    Y           N            Y
200                    Y           Y             N

Can anyone give me a clue how to do this? I've been looking at analytic functions like CUBE, but they seem to always assume that you are rolling up numeric values, rather than moving an actual column value (Enabled) into the cube.

Thanks for any help on this.
Nancyasap Received on Fri Mar 17 2006 - 12:46:07 CST