Re: Oracle course Introduction to Oracle 9i: SQL

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 21:44:21 GMT

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 09:29:06 -0800, Mangood wrote:

> Hello
> I attended course Introduction to Oracle 9i: SQL. Now I would like to
> pratice course material at home. During the course we used database
> written for course purposes. The problem is that I don't have scripts
> for creating this database (In the course book I can find description
> of tables with all data but it would take lot of time to create scripts
> and add all necessary records to database).
> I would be very greatfull for any help.
> my e-mail is: marcin.sworzynski_at_gmail.com

Consider that taking the time to reproduce the scripts - and debug the errors that occur- might be instructive in itself.

Also consider that the majority of Oracle courses use the 'sample schemas' that are in most downloaded distributions - the biggest differences between the ones in the course and those on the samp[les are the scheema owner name (student? vs HR, OE ...)

A jaunt to the 9i section of the [shudder] documentation at http:/docs.oracle.com even provides a glimpse at a document titled

Oracle9i Sample Schemas
Release 2 (9.2)
Part Number A96539-01

which even hhas a section titled "Manually Installing the Oracle9i Sample Schemas"

You may not have to wait for someone to provide a copy of the material from the course.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com