Re: Create a user defined function

From: Alexander Mueller <millerax_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Mar 2006 01:44:20 -0800

Laurenz Albe schrieb:

> Alexander Mueller <millerax_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I need to create a user defined function that i can embed into
> > SQL-statements, that returns a string. the objective is to get a 'flat
> > list' of all employees that are associated to a certain order.
> > I never wrote a SP or user defined function so i can only show you the
> > pieces of code that i need to put together:
>
> [...]
>
> > My Questions:
>
> [...]
>
> My question: why don't you do it in PL/SQL?

Sorry i am quite a novice,

I thought user functions ARE PL/SQL!
If this isn't exactly true, how can i do in PL/SQL?

I need the string returned as a column of a view. So i thought a user function is the way to go, since i cannot embed PL/SQL into a view, correct me if i am wrong

Mfg,
Alex Received on Fri Mar 10 2006 - 03:44:20 CST