Re: Database Royalty Requirements for Sublicensee after Termination

From: <creno_at_synergisticsinc.net>
Date: 6 Mar 2006 15:54:32 -0800

Thanks Hans. Finally, I am getting somewhere with this topic.

Technically, the agency did have an agreement with the application developer. However, a ruling that the agreement is invalid, via an illegal tying arrangment, is expected on the Application Developer's interest. The jurisdiction would be Georgia, US. From my understanding the Oracle runtimes are free, but the database requires Royalty payments.

So are such negotiations with Oracle directly possible? If so, any ideas on who to contact about this? And yes, they did purchase a copy of the Oracle database, although it was back in 1993 when the system was purchased. The database has been upgraded many versions since then by the developer, not the user, if that makes any difference. They are currently on 8.17. Thanks again for the help! Received on Mon Mar 06 2006 - 17:54:32 CST