Database Royalty Requirements for Sublicensee after Termination

From: <creno_at_synergisticsinc.net>
Date: 6 Mar 2006 15:10:26 -0800

Hello. I would like to present a situation facing many of my customers regarding a product they each use.

They each have a applicant, built in Oracle Forms 6, utilizing 8.15 thru 9i, as a backend. Most of them have terminated their agreements with the application developer, who was bought out by another company. They were each making significant monthly payments for support they were not receiving, which only worsened after the buyout.

My question is this: They have valuable data, of law enforcement and criminal nature, in the Oracle databases at their agency, and still need to access it. Do they have any requirement to forward royalties to Oracle for continued use of the database? If the royalites must be remitted by an Oracle Partner, could I remitt these royalties if I were a partner?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have tried contacting Oracle and have been passed from department to department with no luck.

Thank you. Received on Mon Mar 06 2006 - 17:10:26 CST