Re: dynamic sql - output actual string that includes all values from bind variables...

From: centurionoftheseed <rick.memmer_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Mar 2006 14:37:15 -0800

Joel - please accept my apology for not getting back to you.

Thank you very much for the links, and I meant to get back to you on those articles (tw of which I was able to get). I don't have access to Metalink, but I asked the DBA to obtain one of them for me since he has access.

I noticed the following in the article right away the other day, and I need to investigate this further. On the surface it sure sounded like this is what i'm after:

Tracing Oracle Applications using Event 10046  There are four levels available when setting up trace with Event 10046 -

· Level 1 is the default. This level traces all activities
until the trace session is stopped.

· Level 4 provides level 1 tracing and displays the entered
value for all bind variables. Bind variables are the values that the user enters. The code displays these bind variables as: b1, etc. When level 4 is activated, the substituted value for the bind variable is displayed in the trace file.

Anyway, THANK YOU for making my day. You already helped before with the links, and yet you saw this exchange and inquired further to find out if they were helpful. That alone means a great deal to me, and is so refreshing!!!

Anyway, on that note I'm going to read through that article and stop wasting my time combating ridicule in here.

Thanks!

Rick Received on Mon Mar 06 2006 - 16:37:15 CST