Re: oracle instant client - tns_admin question

From: Herod <herodt_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Mar 2006 11:08:18 -0800

We have worked around this, we have the local environment variables set (SET TNS_ADMIN=%, SET ORACLE_HOME=%, PATH=%) by the icon that launches the application.

Works pretty well, we (in IT) are able to put the 10g instant client and sqldeveloper on a USB key and take it with us, so any machine on our network we can plug the USB key in and have it all work without a local oracle client installed.

Sends our security folks into wild shaking fits, but it works for the rest of us. Received on Mon Mar 06 2006 - 13:08:18 CST