How to connect 2 databases on 2 different servers and retrieve information

From: sb <sonali.bhavsar_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Mar 2006 04:51:36 -0800

Hi,

I am in a dilemma , where I have 2 Oracle databases . Database 1 has data which I need to join with Database 2 and create reports.

My approach for now and i don't know how I will be achieveing is:

>From Database 1 retrieve the data I need for my reports into tables
created in database 2
Once in database 2 join tables created from database 1 and database 2. generate reports from report 2.

My concern is how to retrieve data from database 1 and create table in database 2?What kind of batch job or PL/SQL statements to use?I have no idea and I am new to Oracle.

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks,
SB Received on Mon Mar 06 2006 - 06:51:36 CST