Re: SQL to find all Sequences in Schema

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 16:48:46 -0500

"Tom Schindl" <tom.schindl_at_bestsolution.at> wrote in message news:8db88$440a0a24$d52fcf1d$22818_at_news.chello.at...
: Hi Michel,
:
: thanks for the fast answer but I can't follow you. My problem is not to
: find the Sequences known into a database using an Oracle Utility i need
: them to fetch in an Java-Application to shown them to the user.
:
: Is your comment refering to EM or do I misinterpret your message, if
: that's the case could elaborate a little bit more?
:
: Thanks
:
: Tom
:

Three data dictionary views:

USER_SEQUENCES
ALL_SEQUENCES
DBA_SEQUENCES Data dictionary views are accessed just like tables

USER_* views are for objects owned by the logged-in user ALL_* views are for objects accessible to the logged-in user DBA_* views are for all objects in the database, for use by DBA users

Access these exectly as you would access any other table or view.

More information is in the Oracle Reference manual at tahiti.oracle.com

++ mcs Received on Sat Mar 04 2006 - 15:48:46 CST