SQL*Loader exit status

From: Homer Frey <homerfrey_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 23:24:49 +0100

 Hello,

I have a Java class which calls the Oracle SQL*Loader to import data into a database-table (Oracle 9i).

To check if everything worked fine I analyse the exit status of the SQL*Loader.

My tests showed me the following exit status:

0: All data was successfully imported
1: Problems with connection to database or for instance table is already full
2: Bad data, e.g. some data could not been imported

But now I found out something peculiar which makes me some problems.

This is my control file:

INSERT
INTO TABLE ms.TEST

WHEN(01:03) != 'End'

FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' (NR
,

NAME
,

AMOUNT
,

PRICE
)

As you can see I use a WHEN-condition to get the last row. And this makes me trouble.

Because due to this condition I get an exit status of "2". But it works like I want: Import all data except the last line. So I expect a exit status of 0. So why SQL*Loader throws exit status 2???

Can I tell this SQL*Loader anyhow to give me a 0 when it not import all data due to the WHEN-condition? Have I to change the ctrl-file?

Regards Homer Received on Fri Mar 03 2006 - 16:24:49 CST