Re: create/using type dynamically

From: hitchhikar <reachsonu_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Mar 2006 12:46:19 -0800

Ok Morgan..the busines case is like i hav gt 100 key. Each key has one or more value. Each key is associated with its own table. Now i am looping thru the keys in a proc .Now for a key, based on the keytablename ,i want to create a type and then iteriatin thru all the values of that key want to use dynamic SQL and FORALL to update that table ..and thn go on fr scnd key n so on. I dun want to hardcode the types as tomoro i can add more keys OR rename a key's table name, which means ill hav to update my sql code also (the proc is gettin an XML which contains all info of the keys).

So i think u get the idea now Received on Fri Mar 03 2006 - 14:46:19 CST