Control file for SQL*Loader

From: Michael Freier <michi1976_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 22:16:08 +0100

Hello,

I have the following file (2 line) which I want to intend in an oracle database with the SQL*Loader.

tommy050+3423
tom 070-0006

The file consists of two lines and three columns.

Column1 has always 5 digits and is a String. Additional empty digits will be filled with blanks. Here: "tommy" and "tom "

Column2 has three digits and is a number. Here: "050" and "070".

Column 3 is also a number and consists of four digits. Additionally there is a fifth digit for the leading sign ("+" or "-"). Here: "+3423" and "-0006".

This file I want to import in my table "MyTab".

MyTab(
thing VARCHAR2(5)
number NUMBER(3)
amount NUMBER
)

How would the control file for the SQL*Loader look like for this example?

Regards

Michael Received on Thu Mar 02 2006 - 15:16:08 CST