How to execute SQL when file lands

From: Mary <mary.steelman_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Feb 2006 14:45:19 -0800

I could really use some pointers. Here is the problem: I have a IBM MVS process that when complete will FTP a single row file to a Windows or AIX server. I need the data to be loaded into my Oracle DB that lives on an AIX server. The work has no preset time of day or day of week and could occur multiple times per day. I would prefer to not have a process wake up every 30 minutes (like a cron for example) to process the row. Don't want to wait as much as 29 minutes for the data to be handled nor do I want to run the process 48 times per day if there is nothing to process.

I've toyed with the idea of trying to get the infrastructure in place that would allow me to write a program to run on the mainframe that would just update the AIX Oracle table directly. I think I would make use of the PRO*yourlanguagehere but will have to get that preprocessor installed as well as other systems level "stuff" to make this work. Seems like a lot of work and (for my shop) red tape to work thru for a simple update.

Any other ideas would be very welcome.

Thanks Received on Tue Feb 28 2006 - 16:45:19 CST