Re: Oracle/PHP problem

From: Erwin Moller <since_humans_read_this_I_am_spammed_too_much_at_spamyourself.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:53:27 +0100

Geoff Muldoon wrote:

> Cross-posted to comp.databases.oracle.misc and comp.lang.php ...
>
> Using PHP 4.3.11 on Linux and ADODB data abstraction library.
>
> Oracle client version is 10.1.
>
> Can successfully connect to remote database (version 9.2.0.6 on Linux
> NLS_LANG=AL32UTF8).
>
> When doing a simple select from a view:
> select RTS_LOAD from VW_R_PROJECTED_LOAD_OUTPUT
> I get the error message:
> ociexecute(): OCIStmtExecute: ORA-01858: a non-numeric character was found
> where a numeric was expected in adodb/461/drivers/adodb-oci8.inc.php on
> line 942
> 1858: ORA-01858: a non-numeric character was found where a numeric was
> expected
>
> This happens even if I just select count(*) from the view.
>
> Using SQLPlus from the web server I don't have any problems at all
> selecting from the view, so it is definitely valid.
>
> If in my PHP script I directly query the underlying table that this Oracle
> view is based on, I have no problem.
>
> Any clues?
>
> Geoff M

Hi Geoff,

Assuming you set up the whole thing right, and you had some experience with adodb... well, in that case it sounds like a firstclass bug to me. :-(

I would contact John Lim (jlim#natsoft.com, replace# with @) and ask him he has a clue, and maybe he can fix it for you right away if you ask nicely. :-)

Regards,
Erwin Moller Received on Tue Feb 28 2006 - 02:53:27 CST