Re: Solaris 10 oracle backup

From: Hugh Coomes <hcoomes_at_insightbb.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 22:32:01 GMT

eeb4u_athotmail_com wrote:

> There are no users on the system after midnight. We have about a 10
> hour window where there are no users on the system. The system is the
> new version of our newspaper classified pagination system running on
> sunfire240's. Right now, we are still using the old system as well as
> this version. It is comprised of a primary and replicated server,
> giving us some redundancy. The oracle slice is about 70 Gb and current
> utilization is 17%. I will check with vendor to find out which type of
> backup is being performed.
>

> thanks again,
>
> Mike D

Is your database replicated to the replicated server, and if so, by what means ? One possibibility is Oracle symmetric replication. Symmetric replication can be extremely high maintenance. Stay away from it if you are a one-person shop, as your messages seem to indicate. Received on Fri Feb 24 2006 - 16:32:01 CST