Re: SQL Question

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:14:01 -0500

"dean" <deanbrown3d_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1140796547.138923.33420_at_v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...
: Sorry I don't know anything about OCI - we used it years ago in low
: level programming calls but not any more. How can I tell?
:
: Is there no simple SQL query I can run as a select statement from dual,
: or something like that?
:
: Thanks!
:
: Dean
:

what are you using to establish the connection with the Oracle database?

what grid are you using?

likely it's a grid property

there is no such message or select statement to submit to oracle -- if you were coding PL/SQL or issuing your own SQL statements, you could check SQL%ROWCOUNT (or ROWCOUNT for a specific variable) or depending on the environment you issue your SQL from check the SQLCA (IIRC -- it's been awhile)

but if you're using a grid control, the grid control is managing the SQL for you, and it will be reponsible for returning the status

so i'm guessing really isn't an oracle question but a grig control question

++ mcs Received on Fri Feb 24 2006 - 10:14:01 CST