Oracle OLEDB Provider on 8i parses the SQL Twice

From: vivek <svivekm_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Feb 2006 06:10:52 -0800

Dear all

   Scenario:

  1. We have a WinForm application using .NET that creates Sql statements to be executed.
  2. We have an Oracle database 8i.

        we are using OraOLEDB.Oracle provider for data access

	following is the connection string
	ConnectionString="Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;User ID=userId;Data
Source=TestDB;Password=itbagain;distribtx=0;";

        as i am looking at the SQL TRACE it shows that each statement get parsed twice at Database End.

	call     count       cpu    elapsed       disk      query    current
     rows

Parse 25 0.12 0.12 0 0 0 0 Execute 12 1.66 1.89 0 0 0 1 Fetch 10 0.06 0.08 0 901 20 0 ------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
total 47 1.84 2.09 0 901 20 1 as this affects on performance of the application. kindlly suggest if i am missing any connection string attribute,or
something else.

Thanks and Regards.

Vivek Received on Thu Feb 23 2006 - 08:10:52 CST