Selecting nvarchar2 from a table function results in ORA-12714

From: <Bobsparks_at_excite.com>
Date: 22 Feb 2006 10:09:50 -0800

Hello all

I have implemented a function similar to

http://www.databasejournal.com/features/oracle/article.php/2222781

(thanks James)

I need to return some nvarchar2

When I a column from varchar2 to nvarchar2 say ITP_USER NVARCHAR2(50)

the SELECT * from TABLE(itp_grants('SCOTT','EMP')); results in in an error
PL/SQL: ORA-12714: invalid national character set specified

If I select specific fields excluding the column ITP_USER it works fine.

select ITP_OWNER from TABLE(itp_grants('SCOTT','EMP'));

Does anyone know syntax to get around the issue or are nvarchar2 columns just not supported?

Bob Received on Wed Feb 22 2006 - 12:09:50 CST