Re: Oracle 9.2 for W2k3 installer nonsense

From: Jim Smith <jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:05:38 +0000

In message <iNrKf.275$hi2.16_at_news.itd.umich.edu>, Walt <walt_askier_at_SHOESyahoo.com> writes
>Is it just me, or do others think that the installer proceedure for 9.2
>on W2k3 is ridiculously clunky? You have to install 9.2, then apply a
>patch for W2k3. But in order to apply the patch you have to use the
>Oracle Universal Installer, which itself requires a patch before you
>can apply the w2k3 patch.
>
>When I discovered this three(!) years ago, I figured that it was just
>temporary and that Oracle would distribute a new installer that wasn't
>a kludge. I guess I figured wrong.
>
>BTW, I work in a (mostly) windows shop. Other administrators are
>laughing and pointing at this kludge of an installer. What gives?
>
>//Walt

I installed 9.2.0.1 on W2K3 a couple of months ago without hassle. The 9.2.0.7 update requires an updated oui, but that comes with the patchset.

--
Jim Smith
I'm afraid you've mistaken me for someone who gives a damn.