Installation of Oracle 9i personal editions for windows xp

From: novice <amitnanda_at_gmail.com>
Date: 16 Feb 2006 12:14:20 -0800

HI

About 2 months ago I installed Oracle 9i personal edition on my laptop having windows xp home edition. I followed instructions; downloaded the zip files into disk1, disk2 , disk3 , unzipped them, ran the installation successfully.

I was working fine on SQL for some 15 days. Now when I'm trying to log in, I can't proceed. The system doesnot recognize any username/password combination.

Is it possible that the s/w expires some days after installation?

While I was downloading , I wondered why oracle would offer free software to download?

Or am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated......thanks a ton. Received on Thu Feb 16 2006 - 14:14:20 CST