Question about Partitioning

From: Remco <choco_at_nospam.freeler.nl>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 10:55:00 +0100

Hi All,

Os: Solaris 8
Oracle: 9.2.0.6

I have a question about partitioning and am hoping someone can provide me a solution
or tell me that it isn't possible.
I have a (range) partitioned table where every partition has his own tablespace
The table is partioned as follows

    partition historic -> tablespace 0

    partition p_1 -> tablespace 1
    partition p_2 -> tablespace 2
    partition p_3 -> tablespace 3
    partition p_4 -> tablespace 4
    partition p_5 -> tablespace 5
    partition p_6 -> tablespace 6
    partition p_7 -> tablespace 7

    partition last -> tablespace 8

Now when partition p_7 is almost to its end. I would like to truncate partition p_1 rename it
to p_8 and modify the hiboundvalue of this partition.

Result should be

    partition historic -> tablespace 0

    partition p_2 -> tablespace 2
    partition p_3 -> tablespace 3
    partition p_4 -> tablespace 4
    partition p_5 -> tablespace 5
    partition p_6 -> tablespace 6
    partition p_7 -> tablespace 7
    partition p_8 -> tablespace 1

    partition last -> tablespace 8

I know the truncate and rename can be done but I think modifying the hiboundvalue of
a partition is not possible.

Thx in Advance

Kind Regards

Remco Received on Thu Feb 16 2006 - 03:55:00 CST