Re: Select whole "Objects"

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 15:38:05 +0100

jlaffer schrieb:
> Thats true.. i generate it automatically.
> Unfortunately all these subqueries have to be configured first (in
> worst case for every single Attribute of my Object)
What do you mean by configuring first?
If you want to do all that bind variable stuff, forget it for that kind of query. Every query is different anyway and binds make lots more sense for mass inserts.

 > which makes it
> very hard to maintain and takes a lot of time to configure. Aditionally
> the logic to create the statement is getting very complex (i havent
> finished implementing it, but it begins to show that there is a lot of
> work left).

It works just like any standard compiler. Front end, parse tree, back end. Probably a bit of recursion involved if you want easy, compact code. No error checking to speak of.
So, no trouble at all. Get a CS student to implement this. That is how it's normally done.

> All of this would not be nescessary if Oracle "new" what data belongs
> to one Object.

You can model it as one object, using oracles OO features but somewhere you still have to accept that "not in" is more complex than "not equal to".

Lots of Greetings!
Volker Received on Wed Feb 15 2006 - 08:38:05 CST