Oracle RDB on VAX/Open MVS

From: <db2sysc_at_gmail.com>
Date: 14 Feb 2006 05:09:34 -0800

Source: Oracle Relational Database (Rdb) Engine for VAX/OpenVMS platform (current version Rdb 7.0.31)

Target: Oracle 10g on Linux

Questions:

  1. How do we migrate ORACLE RDB objects to Oracle 10g? This includes tables, indexes, DBO views, Stored Procedure, Triggers etc. What are the considerations for SP, triggers and functions migrations?
  2. How do we migrate data from Oracle RDB to Oracle 10g
  3. Any challenges and issue we will face in such migration
  4. Any tools that can be leveraged for this Migration.
  5. What are the difficulties in changing applications from RDO syntax to PL/SQL? What are the data type differences?