Re: columns/fields dynamically accessed in PL/SQL

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:09:06 -0800

steven.dahlin_at_gmail.com wrote:
> I can accomplish this easily using .Net or Java but I was trying to see
> if native PL/SQL methods were available.

Apparently you didn't catch Sybrand's statement with respect to scalability and performance.

Can it be done
and
Should it be done
are very different questions.

What is the business case for doing it?
You stated that "I have two things I would like to do" but the question I'd be am asking is why?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org