Metadata for Views

From: <sirvinay_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12 Feb 2006 13:48:57 -0800

Hi,

Can anyone help me with the metadata tables for views which has the code for a view?
I know about all_views where you get the code for the view as a LOB But, I want to search the code of a view to find what source columns it has, what joins are used, what tables are used etc...

If the problem I have stated above is not clear, please try this

As we have ALL_MVIEWS% tables to get the details of all Materialized views in detail, are there any tables which will give detailed information about Views

here is the explanation why I want to do this

We have many views in our database
if I want to change a logic of a column in my databse or increase the length of a column, i have to find what are the other objects impacted For this I hae to manually open the LOB for each view and search for the column name I am planning to change
This is a very time taking process becasue i have to search almost 100 views

Any help in this regard will save a lot of time for me Received on Sun Feb 12 2006 - 15:48:57 CST