Re: When remote database used in DB Link is down, JDBC hangs

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 11 Feb 2006 09:03:47 -0800

I do not code java and I do not use Tomcat, but the thought occurred to me that in our environment each java statement is by default commited though the programmer can take control of the commit processing. Now a select would normally not require committing; however a distributed select is a transaction that does take rollback sement entries in all involved databases. A commit or rollback is required to release these rbs entries. Try adding an explicit commit before the close in the first cursor and see if this has any effect on the observed behavior.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Sat Feb 11 2006 - 11:03:47 CST