Re: Strange ORA-12545 message

From: durang <durang_at_ureach.com>
Date: 10 Feb 2006 06:14:28 -0800

Mark D Powell wrote:
> I do not know the Tomcat environment at all, but the errors make me
> think that when the script runs that the Oracle Oranet peices cannot be
> found.
>
> So try displaying the $PATH information for the script. If the
> Oracle\bin directory is not in the path add it.
>
> HTH -- Mark D Powell --

Thanks for the reply. I don't really know much about adding a PATH variable to the Tomcat environment (and I don't even have control over that - I'd have to get approval from our anally-retentive windows admin people).

I did actually copy the whole Oracle BIN directory (and my tnsnames.ora) into my Tomcat CGI directory. Then I tested again. If I mis-spelled the tnsnames entry then I did indeed get the "TNS:could not resolve service name" message. When I spelled it correctly I still get the "ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist " message.

So I'm really perplexed - it IS reading tnsnames.ora and all the other Oracle BIN files are right there. Hmmm. Received on Fri Feb 10 2006 - 08:14:28 CST