Re: select on a view -> ORA-12571

From: StefanKapitza <skapitza_at_volcanomail.com>
Date: 8 Feb 2006 23:26:37 -0800

Andreas Mosmann wrote:
> Laurenz Albe schrieb am 08.02.2006 in
> <1139389475.59592_at_proxy.dienste.wien.at>:
>
> > Andreas Mosmann <keineemails_at_gmx.de> wrote:
> >> there is a view that is compiled fine. It is also possible to select
> >> from this view. And it is also possible to use a where- clause. But if I
> >> use the field VID_SBA inside the where- clause I get an error ORA-12571
> >> an the connection to DB is closed.
> >> Where do I have to look for the problem?

<snipp>

I haven't checked the code too deep, but you are using recursiv function calls.
Have you checked the data your view is operating on meet the exit criteria
for all datasets ?
maybe you could limit in a test case the maximum recursive calls (via counter).

regards

stefan Kapitza Received on Thu Feb 09 2006 - 01:26:37 CST