Rank Based on Three Columns

From: Mr.C <cornelius.alfred_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Feb 2006 09:51:06 -0800

Hi All,

I am using SQL Server 2000, and I am trying to rank based on three columns (A, B, C) all contain numeric values. First off I am trying to rank base on COLUMN A, if there are any ties (same numeric value) then the values of COLUMN B is used as the tie breaker. Likewise if there is still a tie in COLUMN B, the COLUMN C is used to break the tie. In the event the value of a record in COLUMN A, B, C are same, then the rank will be the same.

Any help will be highly appreciated. Received on Tue Feb 07 2006 - 11:51:06 CST